|Click to ask a question||Membership expires on 30th June.
|Click for HOW TO PAY||
Enquiries: phone Steve: 0429 976 525
SCROLL FOR CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Entries are open to all artists in Central Australia including non-members of Central Australian Art Society (CAAS).
- Art work must be the original work of the entrant, completed during the 12 months preceding the exhibition and have not been previously exhibited in Central Australia. Work in any medium is welcome.
- Entries are limited to one entry per person, and must not exceed 200 cm in width, unless previously arranged with the coordinators.
- Sculptures exceeding 200cm in any dimension will be considered on an individual basis. They may be displayed outdoors in the Araluen courtyard or car park or elsewhere, by arrangement subject to joint approval by CAAS and Araluen. Such works remains the sole responsibility of the entrant. No responsibility will be given by CAAS or Araluen. A proposal must be forwarded to CAAS in a timely manner.
- CAAS reserves the right to consider, but not necessarily exhibit all submissions. Entrants with work that has not been accepted will be notified prior to the opening of the Exhibition.
- CAAS reserves the right to move an entry into another category if deemed more appropriate. The artist will be notified.
- CAAS will exercise reasonable care but will not be responsible for the loss or damage to any work in its custody.
- Entrants shall allow their artwork to be reproduced for the purpose of publicizing the Award.
- Insurance of artworks is the responsibility of each exhibitor.
- Entries will close at 5pm, Friday the 16th July 2021. No artworks will be accepted after 5:00pm on Friday 16th July 2021.
- An entry fee of $40 ($30 for CAAS members).
- A full refund will be given for any entry that is not accepted for hanging/display.
- All works must be for sale and at a price that reflects a demonstrable market value.
- Commissions will be retained for artworks sold, as follows: Araluen 10%, CAAS 30% (20% for CAAS members).
- G.S.T. registered artists must include G.S.T. in the stated sale price.
- Entrants must quote their ABN or be prepared to sign an exemption statement if work is sold. The ABN or exemption statement must be supplied before sale funds are distributed.
Delivery of artworks:
- All entries must be delivered to Gallery One, Araluen Arts Centre between 10am and 4pm on either Monday 26th or Tues. 27th July 2021. Entrants are responsible for all costs incurred in the delivery or dispatch of artworks.
- Artwork delivered must be clearly labeled with the artist’s name.
- Works must be received ready for hanging with D hooks no more than 10cm from the top corners of the work. Sculptures must be delivered fully prepared for exhibition.
- Any specific hanging or exhibiting requirements should be supplied with the artwork.
- The judges reserve the right not to award a prize in a particular category.
- The Judges’ awards will be announced at the exhibition official opening ceremony on Friday 30th July.
- Voting for the People’s Choice Award closes at 4pm on Saturday 14th August.
- CAAS committee will count the votes and announce the winner on Sunday 15th August, 2pm, at the ‘Walk in the Art’.
Collection of Works:
- Unsold works must be collected from Gallery One, Araluen Arts Centre between 10am and 4pm on either Monday 16th or Tuesday 17th August.
- After one month uncollected work becomes the property of Central Australian Art Society Inc.
If you would prefer to post an Entry Form, Click to download an Entry Form and Conditions of Entry
If the form does not send scroll back, fill in the incomplete red outlined boxes & then click the ‘SUBMIT’ button again.
Click for HOW TO PAY
Without our sponsors our exhibition would not be possible. We encourage you to support those who support us.