Congratulations if you have entered the prestigious ‘Advocate Art Award, 2019’.
Delivery of entries: (Late deliveries may not be accepted.)
- Dates: Monday 22nd or Tues 23rd July,
- Venue: Gallery 1, Araluen Arts Centre, Larapinta Drive, Alice Springs.
- Time: between 10:00am and 4:00pm
Exhibition opens: Friday 26th July – 6:00pm – Araluen Arts Centre
(Winner 2018 Advocate Art Award – Rhys Burnie)
The Advocate Art Award, 2019 is here!
- Entries close on Friday 12th July at 5:00pm
- More sections to enter. Prestigious prizes.
Exhibition opens Friday 26th July – 6:00pm – Araluen Arts Centre
- Click here to enter online, or to download an entry form.
- Deliveries of art work – Monday 22nd or Tues 23rd July, Gallery 1, Araluen Arts Centre between 10:00am and 4:00pm
Winner 2018 Advocate Art Award – Rhys Burnie
Book launch – NT Writers Festival
- Friday 19th May
- Olive Pink Botanic Gardens
- 5:00pm – 5:45pm
You are welcome to come.
- As we hover over Alice Springs I notice a maze of brown, twisting threads.
- I bought a sledgehammer to take up some of the concrete path for my stream.
- This country does that. It empties you of certainties and refills you with questions.
Poetic fragments from the journal of musician and artist, Carol Adams, spanning the closing months of a year in the remote desert town of Alice Springs. Introduced by Dougal Beattie.
Astute observations…. shine through Carol’s diary as she prepares to exhibit her paintings. Her healthy self-doubt is balanced by agile and sure prose that has an inviting, chatty confidentiality. Rod Moss
Published by Ptilotus Press as part of the new Inland Writers Series.
All proceeds to Ptilotus Press which is a small volunteer publishing group, publishing writing from Central Australia.